In a pamphlet of saints which I had at one time, which
tried to find an appropriate equivalent for any name
likely to be born by a contemporary child, "Pamela"
was considered to be a form of "Helen/Ellen" since
they share a syllable.  Or maybe it was "Ella".  In
any case, I can readily see a "St. Pamela" arising
from an incomplete understanding of "girls named
Pamela have St. Helen as their patron".

Myself,given that "Pamela" is said to be derived from
"Pan-" and "-melos", all-honey, I would suggest a more
appropriate saint to be Melina or the Irish  Mel - but
that is neither here nor there.

Andrea Luxenburg