----Apologies for cross posting------

The programme for the PLG Spring Conference 2004 - 'Making Libraries
Matter - developing leadership skills in library staff' - is now available
at http://www.cilip.org.uk/plgspring

The conference will take place from 2nd-4th April 2004 at the Kents Hill
Training Centre in Milton Keynes.

Speakers include:
CHRIS SMITH MP, who will be talking in his capacity as Director of the
Clore Leadership programme
BILL MACNAUGHT, Head of Cultural Development at Gateshead Council, who will
share some thoughts about the way forward from his perspective as Chair of
the Advisory Council on Libraries and as Chair of the “Framework for the
Future” Strategic Implementation Group.
ANGELA ABELL, Director, TFPL, who will be helping us all to do
some 'creative thinking'
DAVID MURRAY, Divisional Director, London Borough of Newham, whose paper is
entitled "I want the one I can't have" - the potential contribution of
libraries to the wider local government agenda
AYUB KHAN, Principal Project Officer, Birmingham Libraries, who will be
talking about the skills anticipated for the new Library of Birmingham.

There will also be plenty of opportunity to hear about a wide range of
initiatives in libraries across the UK, which are helping to shape new
skills in library staff, as well as opportunities to meet established
and 'up and coming' librarians, all keen to make a difference in public
libraries.

Further details and booking information from
http://www.cilip.org.uk/plgspring

Hope to see you there.

Ciara Eastell
Director of Studies