RE: Consulting users

The idea is something we are taking forward as a capability for all users but first it is essential that you have permission under Data Protection Act Legislation and to do that each member has to give their agreement for the express purpose intended.

We are considering using a wording on the membership form:

Staying up to date
c Please send me information about the Libraries, Guildhall Art Gallery or other Corporation services developments and events.

c Please contact me to obtain my views on a variety of topics.

The information you provide on this form will be used to maintain membership records and help us to improve our services. Your information will not be disclosed to third parties and will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Hope this helps others.

John Lake
Librarian
Barbican Library