Thanks for drawing our attention to the new directory, Ian.

It has the potential to be even more useful than IDEA, because it covers
staff at desk officer level who are responsible for specific initiatives and
policy issues.  However, there is quite a way to go before the potential can
be fulfilled:
- organisational entries for units do not show names of post holders other
than head of unit;
- many job titles are vague and may be shared by several people;
- individual responsibilities are not described;
- organisational structures are sometimes opaque (try looking for DG ENTR
Directorate C);
- email addresses cannot easily be created because first names are not
provided.

Of course, this is only a pilot website at present, so let's hope that as
the directory is developed, these deficiencies will be addressed, perhaps by
incorporating further details from the Commission's internal staff directory
- the former 'Guide des Services'.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Lamb