Curia, the Court website, has all opinions and judgments of
the Courts of Justice and First Instance since 1997. The
ECR publishes all opinions and judgments but is currently
about 2 years behind in publication due to translation
delays, so Curia is the best source for recent cases. Celex
includes recent documents, including ECR references for
2002 which have not yet appeared on paper. To look at every
judgment and opinion for even one year would be a huge
undertaking - hopefully someone has an idea for a shortcut.

Best wishes
Patrick Overy

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:42:14 -0000 "Coleman, Ann"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone could offer some advice on solving the following query I
> am working on.
>
> I have been asked to establish what percentage of European Court judgments
> follow the Advocate General's opinion, and although general consensus seems
> to be around 70-80%, I have been asked to get a better authority - even to
> finding out myself.
>
> To this end, I was considering performing a search, or manually looking at
> every case report from the ECJ and CFI.
> I believe that every case heard at the ECJ and CFI is reported in the
> official series the European Court Reports.
>
> Could anyone confirm this is true - that the ECR picks up every hearing and
> that by searching the ECR via Celex I am searching the every hearing of the
> CFI and ECJ? In addition, I know that there is always a delay in getting the
> reports of more recently heard cases.  To be absolutely sure I am covering
> every base, should I really be using the Curia site?
>
> Or, what would be even better, is if anyone know of a reputable source for
> confirming that the statement above is correct!
>
> Many thanks in advance for any assistance,
> Ann Coleman
>
> _______________
> Ann Coleman
> Assistant Librarian
>
> Richards Butler International Law Firm
> t: 020 7772 5989
> f: 020 7539 5030
>

> RICHARDS BUTLER
> INTERNATIONAL LAW FIRM
>
> This e-mail is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents,
> but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> The partners of Richards Butler are either solicitors or registered foreign lawyers.
> A full list of partners and their professional qualifications is available at Beaufort House,
> 15 St Botolph Street, London, EC3A 7EE, England.
> Telephone 020 72476555
> Further information can be found at http://www.richardsbutler.com

----------------------
Patrick Overy
EDC Librarian

University of Exeter
Law Library
Amory Building
Rennes Drive
EXETER
EX4 4RJ
tel. (01392) 263356 fax.no. (01392)263196
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
internet http://www.ex.ac.uk/library/internet/eurostudies.html