UPDATE

I reminded myself that Adobe offers a free service of allowing people to convert up to 5 files to pdf online. So rather than wait until the weekend, I used their excellent service and converted my NHS Pricing Word file to PDF format today. You can find that file at http://www.duncanwil.co.uk/pdfs.html now: it’s 291Kb in size.

To get the free Adobe offer, open up your Acrobat Reader, click File and see a message at the top of the list that says Create Adobe PDF online … just click on that, register free of charge and they’ll do it for you. It takes a while for them to advise of the conversion, depending on how busy they are but I waited around an hour I think.

Finally, Acrobat Reader 6.01 is now available and it has some impressively attractive features relative to earlier versions.

Duncan Williamson

Dear All,

A cost accountant's dream come true!

The NHS has announced its strategy on average cost pricing today and I have put together a brief review of it. Moreover, they have posted a wealth of information on their various sites.

They have also published their NHS Costing Manual that has some excellent real live information for cost accountants and for teachers of cost accounting. There's material enough here for hundreds of case studies and I am available to be sponsored (ie paid) to write at least some of them!

There are many implications for economists in this initiative too.

Until my laptop gets back from the repair shop tomorrow, anyone who wants to see what will eventually become a pdf file on my site is welcome to write to me OFF LIST as always to request a copy of my working Word file: nhs pricing as the subject please. The Word file is 333Kb large, ZIPped down to 223Kb. At this stage I don’t know what size the pdf file will be.

Anyway, a fascinating topic that could provide hours of endless mirth and merriment!

Duncan Williamson