LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY

FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, SCIENCE AND THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT

INDUSTRIAL / PRODUCT DESIGN
LECTURERS / SENIOR LECTURERS

Our long-established and very successful courses in the field of Product
Design have regularly produced award winning students in national
competitions including the Dyson Award, RSA Student Design Awards and
The Institution of Engineering Designers degree prizes, and attracted
funding from the Audi Foundation and other bodies.

We now intend to further develop our offering across Design disciplines.
We seek talented and enthusiastic individuals who can play a full role
in curriculum development and student support across the spread of
industrial design and related subjects, with the emphasis on the
development of a range of skills through project experience, integrated
across the curriculum.

We seek self-motivated and dynamic creative thinkers whose modus
operandi is directed by whatever means obtain the best experience for
students, and who are at the same time capable of playing their part in
academic systems of management and student assessment.

The successful candidate will be expected to be a graduate in a
three-dimensional design discipline with industrial experience in
manufacturing or consultancy, and / or significant research experience
in the area. They will ideally be committed to developing creativity in
students and themselves and will be enthusiastic both in subject
development and in communicating with students, potential students and
others.

For informal enquiries and/or to arrange a visit, please contact
Chris Dowlen, Architecture and Design 020 7815 7609 or
email [log in to unmask]

An application form and further details are available from the Human
Resources Department, London South Bank University, 103 Borough Road,
London, SE1 OAA.
Telephone (020) 7815 6223 (24 hour answering service),
email: [log in to unmask]
Please quote reference number HFPM17.

Closing date for the request of applications 16 February 2004