They need to look at the proposal just to look at local issues.

Andy Webster

-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Sent: 27 February 2004 00:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ethics committees

My udnerstanding was that if a project covered multiple SHAs and went
through an MREC, LREC approval was not required, but am open to correction.

Anton
Staffs

In message  <[log in to unmask]> suzanne
mason <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> As many of you will know we are undertaking a large national study of
> factors that influence waiting times in the ED. We have written to most
> Chief Execs and Clinical Leads now in each ED throughout England and Wales
> and many of you have already kindly consented to participate in the study.
> However, we are now facing the challenge of trying to contact Local
Research
> Ethics Committees and R&D departments to gain approval to go ahead with
the
> study (we have MREC approval but need to notify local LRECs and jump
through
> all the relevant research governance hoops). So far, we have been unable
> find a comprehensive list of LRECs, including contact details and which
> hospitals they represent. This is proving to be a nightmare! We have
> contacted COREC who amazingly do not seem to have a list themselves that
> they will share with us. Do any of you know if such a list exists, or
indeed
> know of anyone (not necessarily in emergency medicine) who has  undertaken
> research involving a lot of hospitals that we could get in touch with to
see
> how they did it?
> I am VERY grateful for any advice anyone can give me relating to this
> matter. The joys of research............
> Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Sue Mason
>
> Senior Clinical Lecturer and Consultant in Emergency Medicine
> Medical Care Research Unit, University of Sheffield
> Northern General Hospital, Sheffield

> 0114 2714972 (secretary)
> 0114 2220694 (university)

This email has been scanned using the CleanPort MEF antivirus
system. Funded for members by the Doctors.net.uk Bulletin service
How does this protect me? http://www.Doctors.net.uk/qualityemail