From: Accident and Emergency Academic List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrew Webber
Sent: 10 February 2004 19:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Assessment rules for neck pain post trauma

Is anyone online using an assessment rule (similar to Ottawa ankle rule, etc)  to assess patients presenting with neck pain, particularly following trauma.

I am aware of Canadian C-Spine Rule & NEXUS (National Emergency X-Radiography Utilization Study) study, but curious if any are implemented in the UK.

Thanks in advance, references appreciated where appropriate, if anyone has there own criteria for deciding to X-ray or discharge I'd be interested to see guidelines.

Many thanks in anticipation

Andrew