Dear friends,

please forgive me. I forgot to put my name in my previous message. I thank you for all the racist, nasty remarks on me: I am used to them.

I still think that a position of Italian Literature should be given to the most qualified person without other concerns. I still feel free to express my point of view. If I need a doctor I choose a person who is a good professional, I don't privilege anybody over anybody. I think the same about a teacher. I am against privileges IN GENERAL: I am one of the very few gay-out professors on the list, the son of a railwayworker, and I can guarantee I never enjoyed any privileges except those of my exceptional talent and intelligence. Also, differently from Italian signore, I served in the army.

ciao a tutti

Massimiliano Chiamenti

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html