Hi Mark,

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Mark Nelson wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to install a CE from a configured lcfg, I've set up the lcfg
> as layed out in the document on the GridPP website.  When I boot the CE
> node the install crashes out with the following error -
>
> cp cannot create regular file `/root//var/obj/conf/fstab/fstab.hda': no
> such file and directory
>
> /etc/obj/fstab /root/etc/fstab.new: no such file and directory.
>
> LCFG object fstab: Missing fstab template for hda
> (/var/obj/conf/fstab/fstab.hda

This is happening at Birminging currently, I have seen it before but
forget now what caused it.

When it fails at this point does it drop you into a shell?

If so could your send back the output of both `mount` and

/etc/obj/fstab adddisk hda /root

> Investigation shows that the  /root/etc directory is not there, I was
> led to believe that the install procedure installs it's own custom
> install of Redhat 7.3. It seems that the redhat install was not copied
> down, there is what seems to be an install of Redhat sitting in
> /opt/local/linux/nginstallroot/7.3/ on the lcfg server, I assume this is
> copied down to the CE as part of the process.  I've attached a copy of
> the site-cfg.h file, I assume it is just me or is there a bug in the
> install procedure, if there is something wrong with in install procedure
> I'm willing to have a go at producing a fix for it.

The OS located is /opt/local/linux/nginstallroot/7.3/ is mounted
at install time as a root over NFS file system.

LCFG in a nutshell mounts this as a root, formats the hard disk, mounts
the hard disk on /root and calls rpm -Uvh *.rpm --root /root to actually
get the OS from the original RPMS on to the disk.

--
Steve Traylen
http://www.gridpp.ac.uk/