hi all
thanks for all the replies regarding my post. I was specifically after opinions regarding how people felt about using this product - not its proven efficacy. I am always willing to try something new (provided it appears safe) with my patients to see if it will help them or improve their treatment. If the product has a theory behind its action then it allows a better understanding on the action and how its use can change in different situations. Remember the reason that something works is not always the same as that which was initially put forward. Personally I haven't stopped using lumbar extensions in my treatment just because there is little to confirm McKenzies original hypothesis.
I think it is also to remember in this time when there is a lot of pressure on us as a profession from funding sources that were are all well qualified professionals that do the best for our patients. We also have extremely diverse areas of work and practice using different paradigms. This is extremely important and valuable for a profession wanting to go forward. Progress comes from diversity and new ideas. Acceptance as a profession follows as we show those ideas to be effective. You can't have one without the other
Hamish Ashton MHSc
Physio
please reply to [log in to unmask]

CAUTION: This email message and accompanying data may contain information that is confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have received this email message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments.
Any opinions or advice contained in this Internet electronic mail message are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing engagement letter. Thank you.