-----Original Message-----
From: - for physiotherapists in education and practice
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of nabil keshavjee
Sent: 06 January 2004 10:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ?treating SI jt.

 Hi,
Hope you all can give me some suggestions as I've run
out of ideas.
11yo girl, came in with pain on the right side of SI
jt.
Mechanism: during landing from vaulting in gymnastics.
 Stuck the landing but was bent over.
She has had this pain before a couple of years ago,
but does not remember mechanism.  But was
participating in Gymastics then.  Pain gradually
dissipated.
On first assessment 6 weeks ago, FABER, compression
and distration produced the pn, but no longer do.
Currently,
Lumbar Extension in standing is pnful at the end of
movement.
Lumbar Flexion is not restricted and not pnful.
During treatment, LEIS is increased and less pnful
with facilitation of anterior mob of sacrum.
Glute strength is 5/5.
Hip Abductors is 5/5.

Looking for a method to increase extension?

Nabil