Scott:

Contact Keen Kut in Hayward, CA  http://www.keenkut.com/contact.html

They do all kinds of custom diamond products.

Peter

At 10:43 AM 1/9/2004, you wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry for multiple postings. We have a Buehler Petro-Thin machine for making thin sections. It has a vertically mounted saw blade and an adjacent vertically mounted, diamond impregnated lap.

Many of you have these same machines, and some of you will have been shocked, like me, to learn that the diamond lap costs 1,200 dollars to replace.

When I was in Australia, I found a company in Sydney that would duplicate the Buehler diamond lap, with twice as much diamond, for around 300 dollars. Has anyone out there found a company in the US that will make a replacement lap?

Thanks - Scott

Scott E. Johnson
Department of Earth Sciences
5790 Bryand Global Sciences Center
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469-5790
USA
email: [log in to unmask]
phone: (207) 581-2142
Fax: (207) 581 2202
http://www.geology.um.maine.edu/user/scott_johnson/HM.html

Dr. Peter Eichhubl
Research Associate
Research Group for Structural Geology and Geomechanics/
Stanford Rock Fracture Project

Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-2115
USA

phone: (650) 723 4296