Please pass to colleagues teaching Russian.
Thank you
Andrew Jameson
Chair, Russian Committee, ALL
Please join and participate in the russian-teaching
email discussion list!
It offers a forum for discussion on Russian teaching
in Europe, mainly the UK. The language of discussion
is usually English. These lists are most often used for
problem solving and asking for professional help. Within
a membership of just over 100 people, there will almost
always be someone who can suggest a simple answer
to problems which, after all, we all experience in our
professional lives.

Here are step by step instructions on joining the list:

Re:  russian-teaching email discussion list

This is one of the standard UK academic discussion lists,
run by Jiscmail: www.jiscmail.ac.uk
I am the listowner of russian-teaching. The name
"Listowner" is misleading - in fact what I do is sort out bad
addresses, error messages and give advice on how to
join and leave, = harmless drudge, as Dr Johnson once said.

List membership is of course free of charge. There are
two ways to join, on the website, or by sending an email
command. The second method is simpler and just uses email.

This is how to join the list by sending an email message:

In the "To" line put:
This is the address of the server computer and it
understands various commands - you will learn
what they are as time goes on. Write nothing anywhere else
(delete your signature if you have one)

and then do the following:

In the body of the message write:
join russian-teaching <firstname lastname>
For example
join russian-teaching Andrew Jameson

Read the instructions in the reply and do what it says.
You will then be a member and will receive all messages
sent to the list.

The Jiscmail server computer will send you an introductory
message with more information about how the list works.
Please keep this for reference in the future (it tells you how
to leave, for one thing).

When you want to send a message to the list yourself,
ADDRESS YOUR EMAIL TO THE LIST ADDRESS which is
Everybody on the list then gets your message.

Please use the list to chat with each other (within reason!),
tell people useful things, request answers to problems,
raise basic questions, and I will try to help too. But the
best resource you have is - each other.

There are about 100 members on the list, and at the
moment most of the messages on the list come from me,
so it would be great to have more discussion.

To find out more about Jiscmail lists and how they work,
look at www.jiscmail.ac.uk

Hope this is useful,
All the best,
Andrew Jameson