Dear all

This is tragic news. Mairian was a warm, wonderful person and her writings, in
our humble opinion, will remain at the cutting edge of disability studies.

The last time we saw her in summer 2003, she gave a paper as part of our seminar
series, which pulled in over 40 people from across the university, from
different parts of England, some of whom were being introduced to disability
studies for the first time. She blew them away. One person later said to us
that Mairain's talk had made her review their practice for the first time. This
comment kind of sums her up: a true revolutionary.

Such sad news, such a star of a person.

with sadness,

Dan Goodley and Claire Tregaskis

--