> > > I think the assumption is that [URI -> resource] is actually a function
> > > (with unknown and evolving domain).
> >

> > The domain is described.
>
> It's not defined for all URIs.

You mean the function not it's domain?

> > You're talking about a retrieval context. Think that makes things cumbersome
> > (cp. http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-fragID)
>
> If I understand this correctly, it means the following:
>
> If we allow fragment identifiers in Dublin Core, we need to accept the
> RDF definition of their semantics. If we do not accept the RDF
> definition of their semantics, we risk incompatibility with RDF
> applications.
>
> Thats interesting.
>
> Is this too subtle for the abstract model?

I think this needs to be addressed.
Applications will receive metadata in a variety of encodings.
They should know, whether a fragment is intended as indicating
an XML element or a thing in a world, which is denoted by a URIref.

> No, but again, the paper starts with "resources", not gadgets. So I
> don't see where the paper becomes informal on that point.

So let me be more specific: Is the use of "resource"
in the paper the same as in RDF semantics?