From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 January 2004 18:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Text messaging for Major Incident Callout

Standard procedure at large major incidents is for the mobile telephone
network(s) to be disabled bar numbers which are logged before-hand in
conjunction with the police.  This enables the emergency services to use the
network without interference from the public overloading the masts.

Anton
Staffs

In message  <[log in to unmask]> Mick Molloy
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> On 02/01/2004 12:30, "Andrew Hobart" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Do any of the list members have any knowledge or experience of the use
of=
>  text
> > messaging systems to send a group message to mobile phones (not
necessari=
> ly on
> > the same network)?
> >=20
> > In the event of a major incident it is very time consuming to make
indivi=
> dual
> > telephone calls to contact staff not on duty.
> >=20
> > We currently have the facility to putout a group aircall message to
pager=
> s but
> > most of us do not carry these if not actually on call.
> >=20
> > However many people carry personal mobile phones all the time.
> >=20
> > =20
> >=20
> > Any ideas?
> >=20
> > =20
> >=20
> > Andrew Hobart
> >=20
> > A&E Consultant East London
> >=20
> > =20
> >=20
>
> Andrew=20
> there are a number of commercial companies who offer this service. Most of
> the main network providers can set this up for you from a database on your
> own computer, the mobiles do not necessarily have to be on the same
network=
> .
> There is obviously a set up cost and I was quoted from
=E2=82=AC1500-=E2=82=AC5000 ( di=