Please see below, announcement of a new vertebrate research group under the auspices of the Quaternary Research Association in the UK. I'm sure there are some zooarchers who are interested in Pleistocene fauna but I don't think it's open to non-members i'm afraid. If there are any QRA members on Zooarch who do not already know about this, please contact Hannah O'Regan on [log in to unmask].

cheers
chris
Dr Chris Gleed-Owen
Research & Monitoring Officer

The Herpetological Conservation Trust
655A Christchurch Road
Boscombe
Bournemouth
Dorset  BH1 4AP

tel: 01202 391319   fax: 01202 392785   mob: 07810 770567

Dear All,

Some time ago I contacted you about a possible Quaternary Vertebrate Research Group to be set up under the auspices of the QRA. I'm pleased to say that the QRA has very kindly agreed to fund the group over the next three years. The intention at present is to hold at least one discussion meeting per year for the next three years, to get as many people as possible together in one place to discuss what we're all doing. We aim to hold the first meeting at Liverpool John Moores in spring 2005 (probably at Easter). A website for the group will be set up shortly, and then following that an e-mail discussion group.

Please tell other people who may be interested about the group and ask them to contact me so that I can add their names to the mailing list. I'll be in touch again in the next couple of months with the website address and a bit more information when we've got things sorted out,

Best Wishes,

Hannah.

Dr Hannah J. O'Regan,

School of Biological & Earth Sciences,