May I suggest the following, includes many industrial uses of  a horse carcass

Horse World of London by W J Gordon

Jill Hooper
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jacqui Mulville
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 11:39 AM
  Subject: [ZOOARCH] Horse usages in recent times

  A BBC reseracher wishes to find people who know about the uses of horse in
  recent times - for example glue and horsehair, horse skin, the skulls under
  floorboards for acoustics or magic etc, horses fed to hounds.   I suggested she
  contacted Julie Bond (who replied to an earlier query on this - hope this is ok
  julie ) and said I would ask you all.

  I suggested she read Simoons Eat not this flesh - but any other suggestions?
  They are not that interested in prehistory (a scandelous suggestion!) - please
  reply to the list and I shall forward the messages.

  Anyone keen to be on radio talking about these things should make themselves
  known....

  jacqui