A belated contribution....our experience is that a workflow would typically include (for each page) one or more Contributors - who make "offline" contributions/suggestions to page authors - the Author of the page, the Editor - responsible for style - and the Publisher - responsible for content approval.

Authors could themselves be Editors if they have been trained in house style.  An Author should never be a Publisher of their own authored work; this builds in an inherent check.

Such workflows of course work most smoothly when automated and facilitated by a content management system that hides users from HTML etc.

Regards,
Reynold.

> Hi all,
I know there has been lots of discussion about CMS and implementing/procedures, but I was wondering how much control/responsibility do you delegate down?
We are looking at implementing an approval process - our users will be using Macromedia Contribute to update a test version of the site. Any changes will then have to be approved by their manager, the director of their area and by me (as web developer). This potentially could be quite a lengthy and laborious process but it will be the first time we have given anyone access to update the site themselves.
How do others maintain control of the information being published on their sites?
Thanks,
Eleanor Seelig
Web & Intranet Developer
Leicester College <

Reynold Leming
Commercial Director
Mint Business Solutions Ltd
** Websites, Bespoke Database Systems and Document Management Services **
Failand House, 22 Newbridge Road, Bath, BA1 3JZ
Tel: 01225 311993
Email: [log in to unmask]
Corporate Url: http://www.mintsolutions.co.uk
Information Url: http://www.thedocumentsite.co.uk

'From Information to Innovation'
Bespoke database solutions to knowledge-enable your business
http://www.mintsolutions.co.uk/pages.asp?p=8