From: Virtual Learning Environments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Greig Fratus
Sent: 03 December 2004 10:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VLES] Mini Courses

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who use Dreamweaver there are a couple of extensions
available that may help out with the creation and importing of content
as well.  These are:

* L5 SCORM Producer ("... enables you to take raw e-learning content,
which you develop in Dreamweaver, and produce ready-to-deploy SCORM
packages that can be delivered over any SCORM-compliant LMS or learning
delivery system")

* Content Packager for IMS ("... enables you to take e-learning content,
which you develop in Dreamweaver, and produce ready-to-deploy course
packages that can be delivered over WebCT Campus Edition 4.0, WebCT
Vista 2.1 and other standards-compliant LMS or learning delivery system
products.")

* Manifest Maker for ADL SCORM 1.2

* Course Generator for WebCT

I have used the Course Generator for WebCT to create a manifest and
import HTML files to automatically create a Content Module in WebCT 4.1
and have done the same with Reload.  I would be interested in hearing of
any experiences of using Reload or any of the Dreamweaver extensions
with WebCT Vista.

Michael - would it be possible to see your "import adapter"?

Thanks,
Greig

Greig Fratus
eLearning Materials Developer, eLearning Team
Information Services, The University of Birmingham
Edgbaston, Birmingham UK B15 2TT
Ext: + 44 121 4142758
http://www.weblearn.bham.ac.uk/