While this may or may not be the case, could I please ask that this list remain free of politics and stick to VLEs.

Megan
ILT CHampion, City of Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College.

________________________________

From: Virtual Learning Environments on behalf of Celia Hollingworth
Sent: Wed 15/09/2004 11:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VLES] Job advert: University of Nottingham

In an institution that is:-

- Disregarding national agreements

- Introducing performance related pay & therefore completely countering
good teamwork

- Imposing pay scales with lower tops of grades than in other institutions,
and more increments to climb to the top of the grade

- Refusing some staff entry into the pension scheme

and generally promoting an environment not conducive to open discussion &
debate, and the flourishing of ideas, and other ideals normally associated
with Higher Education.

No thanks!!!!

For info (reasons why) please see the AUT web site at:
http://www.aut.org.uk/index.cfm?articleid=879

and if you have any doubt about how staff who don't even work at Nottingham
feel - read the Solidarity board.

Celia Hollingworth

--On 15 September 2004 09:55 +0100 Alex Ding <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> please feel free to contact me if you are interested in the following job
> advert.
>
> E-learning Materials Developer - English for Academic Purposes
> (Fixed-term)
>
> Responsible to the Centres Team Leader in New Technologies, the person
> appointed will take forward current online EAP projects (particularly
> academic writing), adapt existing paper-based materials for new media,
> and carry out needs analyses for further e-learning projects. There will
> be a particular focus on support for students and staff at the
> University's new campus in Ningbo, China. This post requires RSA DELTA or
> MA in ELT, applied linguistics, or equivalent, a minimum of three years'
> full-time experience of EFL teaching (preferably gained in British HE
> University contexts), together with knowledge and experience of producing
> online teaching materials, evidenced by sample material.
>
> Salary will be within the range £22,507 - £29,128 per annum, depending on
> qualifications and experience.
>
> Informal enquiries may be addressed to Mr A Ding, Email:
>
> Further details available at
> http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/hr/vacancies/SMM867A.doc
>
> and application forms available at
> http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/hr/vacancies/af6.htm
>
> Alex Ding
> Team Leader in New Technologies and EAP
> Centre for English Language Education
> University of Nottingham
>

> This message has been scanned but we cannot guarantee that it and any
> attachments are free from viruses or other damaging content: you are
> advised to perform your own checks.  Email communications with the

Celia Hollingworth
Network & Digital Communications Team,
Bristol University Computer Centre,
Information Services,