Colleagues

At the request of Edward Blum of the BBC I am circulating the following
request for help, because I think that between us we ought to be able to
make sure he is pointed to a good range of examples of transport systems

All the best

Richard

>Subject:  New BBC Transport Programme
>Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:56:48 +0100
>From: Ed Blum <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Richard Allsop <[log in to unmask]>
>
>New BBC Transport Programme.
>
>We are developing an idea for a programme which looks at the very best
>of transport systems from around the world.  We hope to find the most
>unusual, the quickest, the most efficient, the most expensive or
>inexpensive, or the most futuristic.  These might range from pedal power
>in some countries to huge escalators in Hong Kong. The programme will
>hopefully touch on the reasons why these systems could, or could not, be
>introduced into this country.
>
>I would greatly appreciate it if anybody has any suggestions of
>transport systems or innovations which I should look at. Please keep
>your e-mails relatively short as I am only at an early stage in
>developing the programme.
>
>Please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]
>
>Thank you.
>

>EDWARD BLUM
>NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS DEVELOPMENT
>
>Rm 1173, BBC White City
>Email: [log in to unmask]
>

>This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain
>personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
>stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your
>system.
>Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
>reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the
>BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
>Further communication will signify your consent to this.

Richard Allsop
Centre for Transport Studies
University College London
Gower Street