>I tried once Pyura chilensis in Santiago Chile, ... It taste
>actually not very good, very salty,

The first time I tried it, it was right out of the water with a
squirt of lemon juice. Tasted like an iodine-soaked tennis shoe with
a squirt of lemon juice.

It is usually included with clam, mussel, barnacle, etc in seafood
soups and that cuts the taste. Some eat it like sea urchin in a sort
of a quick ceviche -- with chopped onions, parsley, lemon juice and
whatever else is handy.

I asked my brother-in-law in Puerto Montt, Chile a question about the
species a while back and he allowed (ellipses are his):

--
Don Hockaday
South Padre Island, TX