At a conference last week a maplette was distributed as one of the outcomes
of the Bristol legible city initiative... Now I can't find the paper
document on the internet site cited :).... But there is quite a lot else
there

http://www.bristollegiblecity.info/projects.html

I don't think I have seen anything else as comprehensive as this on the role
of information systems for understanding an urban environment.... I wonder
after looking whether anyone would like to add value through personal
experience?

Security System.