On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Alasdair Allan wrote:

> > OK, I think I understand what's up. Last time around we created the
> > "/star/starjava/docs" directory to carry any non-javadoc docs. The actual
> > javadoc docs went into "/star/starjava/javadocs" instead.
> >
> > Now the "/star/starjava/docs" content isn't (and never has been) exported
> > by the ANT system, we just knocked it up last time as the whole question
> > of what to do with (and how to present) additional documentation (like
> > SUNs and MUDs in STARJAVA) has never been resolved.
>
> Yes, I think thats exactly going on. What non-javadocs docs do we actually
> have, is it just the SPLAT SUN, or are there others?

Thinking some more about it, there are also some miscellaneous docs with
the various third party packages (ANT, JUNIT, AXIS etc.) that we do need
to release, namely their licenses, so we do need to export the doc
directories (many of these, including SPLAT also have programming guides
etc. that also live in doc).

I guess I'll nominate myself to add at least that much to the build export
system.  As for userguides etc. that we create (FROG maybe?) probably best
to use JavaHelp for the moment (maybe at some point we can pull all the
Java applications into a single system like Steve did for the classic docs
somewhile back?).

Peter.