Hello list,

just out of curiosity, I analyzed a fairly complex (and long) erfMRI
experiment with a 3x3 factorial design with both SPM2 and FSL3.2b. I tried
to keep everything as close to the other package as possible, i.e. I
adjusted both smoothing kernels to 5mm, set the high pass filter to 128s,
used gamma function + temp. derivative in FSL (standard delay) / canonical
hrf + tdv in SPM2, entered identical onset vectors, specified identical
contrasts and so on. I set the duration for my events to the actual 1.5
seconds in both packages, as FSL doesn't allow 0-durations.
Now one of the packages gave me "blobs" on a
corrected-for-multiple-comparisons level of 0.05, where the other didn't
show anything worth mentioning on a uncorrected p=0.001 level. Is that
possible at all, given the similarity of the statistics? Has anyone
experienced something similar? I am aware of the comparison done by
Bianciardi et al (NeuroImage 2004), but differences were marginal at
best...!

Thanks for your help,
Yours,
Cornelius