Dear Joe,

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Joe Smith wrote:

> Sorry to go slightly topic, but I'm looking for a web tool where
> students can type in an anatomical location (e.g. Insula, cingulate,
> v1, etc.) and ideally get a 3D view of the structure, and with TD
> coordinates would be even better.
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

The following web-page will let you type in an anatomical name:

http://hendrix.imm.dtu.dk/services/jerne/brede/

If you search on "insula" a web-page will be returned (via google) with
that specific structure:

http://hendrix.imm.dtu.dk/services/jerne/brede/WOROI_67.html

On the page is a simple 3D view with (original non-MNI) Talairach
coordinates. The mean coordinates appear further down the page.

Regards
Finn

    Finn Aarup Nielsen, NRU Rigshospitalet & IMM DTU, Denmark
                 http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~fn/