Drew,

I am quite familiar with Northfield; the whole town, actually, having gone to college there (at the other one, mind you) and having lived there for several years after graduation. I concur with Alan; you may want to consider a number of different techniques in your study. Bear in mind that the campus is not a closed system; the cognitive map of the typical Carleton student will likely include areas adjacent to the campus, including downtown. It may be wise to include a larger spatial area in your study, particularly given the relatively high numbers of students who live off-campus (on both sides of the river), and the many students who frequent the businesses in downtown Northfield.

Sounds interesting! Please let me know when you've completed your project.

Andrew Sheie