Sanjay,

So long as space syntax sees itself as essentially an analytic and
explanatory science I don't think that it will feel particularly challenged
by transport modeling. Considered in these terms of explanatory power space
syntax can be taken as appearing somewhat more powerful: fewer variables are
needed to explain more of the variance, and there is a distinct reduction in
the need to calibrate using the determined variables. In the real world
space syntax analysis and transport models are entirely complementary tools
suited to their specific purposes. There is no real competition either
intellectual or practical there. Just choose the better tool for your
purposes.

Alan