Yes, perhaps I have been misled by the song!  This suggests that a
'down town man' is also a 'back street guy,'  not exactly what I would
imagine for the resident of the central business district - but perhaps
this is poetic licence?

Not many people live in 'The City' of London, but are the residents of
The Barbican  'back street guys'?  Or are European cities different from
American ones in the 'downtown' district being very much 'up'?

Tom

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:52:11 -0000, Tim Stonor