Bill,

I agree with your thoughts regarding the SS origins. However, with respect,
my affinity towards Space Syntax is only because of your wonderful
geometrical treatment/characterisation of open spaces, in much the same way,
I like John Peponis and his group's work on convex-partition. These are
simple and generally tractable ideas. On the other hand, I tend to take the
results that show links between axial-line integration/depth/etc. and
pedestrian counts with a "tablespoon" of salt. But, just like you, I long to
see more advanced approaches, even though they may not show high correlation
coefficient.

Just a passing thought, I wonder if it would be worthwhile to make a nice
graphic timeline of SS, to trace the lineages and branches.

Sanjay.