In Korea last week at the University of Seoul, I came across another
3D-Isovist package by two guys - Choongsik Kim and Insung Lee which is
written in VB (Visual Basic for Autocad)  and this method uses ray tracing.
There is a paper in Korean and the email address of one of the authors is

Mike

  At 08:45 13/09/2004, Alan Penn wrote:
>Sanjay,
>
>That sounds nice - a few questions.
>Can it take specifically located observers? Eg. On a grid or at head height
>above the topography etc.
>What is performance like and how does this scale with numbers of observers?
>Where can one get it to try it out?
>
>Alan Penn

Michael Batty, Director, Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA), at
University College London, 1-19 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 6BT UK

Tel 44 (0) 207 679 1781 Fax 44 (0) 207 813 2843 email [log in to unmask]

The next CUPUM Conference is from June 29-July 1 2005, at CASA in UCL
see the web site www.cupum.org. CASA pages are at www.casa.ucl.ac.uk