I am afraid I don't have any advice about how to handle this problem in Axman but it is handled consistently in my paper "Distance in Space Syntax" where I show how you can deal with two different networks such as railway lines that only intersect with streets at infrequent points but that this requires a different formalism from traditional space syntax. Where the railway crosses under or over a street, it does not normally intersect it. Unfortunately there is no public domain software to compute this available as yet.

But see the paper at http://www.casa.ucl.ac.uk/working_papers/paper80.pdf

and Figure 6 et seq in that papers show pictures of where the loop railway goes under streets in central Melbourne. I think that these kinds of problems cannot be handled consistently in traditional space syntax because it requires different networks to be handled and this means that we need to move to thinking of streets and intersections as raw data where the Euclidean coincidence of one street with another does not automatically imply a junction.

Mike