Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Stein, Joshua Stephenson" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 26 July 2004 19:38:49 BST
> Subject: Agent Based-Modeling in the Geo-sciences Special Session at
> Ameri can Geophysical Union 2004 Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA
>
> Hi,
>       I am writing to inform you about a special session at the 2004
> American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting held in San Francisco,
> CA on
> December 13-17.  The session is dedicated to Agent-Based Modeling in
> the
> Geosciences and is being organized to bring together scientists from
> around
> the world who are using Agent-based techniques and models to study
> geoscience related topics.  The session description is given below as
> well
> as a link to the session web site and another link to the AGU website,
> (with
> links to information on obtaining visas).  I encourage you to
> participate in
> this meeting by submitting an abstract, which is due electronically, no
> later than September 9, 2004 (see AGU website for details).
>       This meeting is attended by more than 10,000 geoscientists and
> policymakers and is an ideal opportunity to network and discuss ideas
> for
> new research.  In addition, San Francisco is beautiful in December!
> Hope to
> see you there.  If you have any questions about the special session or
> want
> to discuss any ideas for presentations, please feel free to contact
> any of
> the conveners.  Also, please forward this announcment to anyone who
> might be
> interested.  I found most of the email address by doing various subject
> searches on the web and in journal articles and I am sure I have
> missed some
> key players.
>
> Thank You,
>
> -Josh
>
> Session Description:
> This session will explore the emerging science of agent-based modeling
> as
> used in the hydrological and geophysical sciences. The emphasis will
> be on
> papers involving agent-based modeling approaches to energy/water
> systems
> linkages, water security and sustainability, energy and transportation
> infrastructure, and other hydrological and earth science applications.
> Project objectives that identify and evaluate water use
> characteristics,
> water infrastructure vulnerabilities, and resource management issues
> using
> agent-based modeling are of particular application to this session, as
> are
> papers that integrate some or all of the linked systems of climate,
> [...]
Professor Nigel Gilbert,  Editor, Journal of Artificial Societies and
      Social Simulation, <http://www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/JASSS/>
         Centre for Research on Social Simulation (CRESS)
    Department of Sociology, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK.
        Tel:+44 1483 689173   [log in to unmask]
                        <http://cress.soc.surrey.ac.uk/>