Communicate Conference - October 2004

communicate

An International Conference on Conservation and Communication

When is it? - Midday Thursday 7th - Midday Saturday 9th October 2004
Where is it being held? - Bristol, UK

What are the aims? - communicate is a unique event spanning 3 days that will bring together institutions, organizations, individuals and businesses dedicated to communicating conservation, wildlife and environment issues.  Our aim is to our expand the way we think about conservation and find innovative ways to convey more effectively some of the most pressing environmental issues of our day.

Why now? How can we stimulate your communications skills and re-ignite our passion for getting conservation messages out to the widest audience possible when….

…we all know that our planet continues to face an uncertain future...
…for many our conservation messages appear fatigued...
…it is becoming increasingly difficult for us to deliver these messages in an ever more competitive media and communications landscape?

Who is communicate for?
This is a professional conference for campaigning groups, policy makers, broadcasters, journalists, zoos, museums, visitor attractions, scientists, educators and NGO’s.  Together we will identify communications challenges, learn from both successes and disappointments and explore how we apply today’s communication tools to tomorrow’s issues.

How will we communicate? - The conference will be delivered using a series of formats including formal presentations, panel sessions, workshops, interactive debates and performance, creatively delivering the following outline themes:

Who is producing the conference? - communicate is spearheaded by Bristol Natural History Consortium - a collaboration between At-Bristol, BBC, Bristol Zoo Gardens, University of Bristol, University of West of England, The Wildscreen Trust and WWF-UK.

More information, including programme and fee information can be found at:  www.festivalofnature.org

Sam Burkey
Festival and Conference Co-ordinator
Bristol Natural History Consortium
PO Box 366, Bristol BS99 2HD, UK
Tel: +(44)0 117 915 7235
Mobile: +44(0)773 4201 431
Fax: +44 (0)117 915 7105

Bristol Natural History Consortium is a collaboration between At-Bristol, BBC, Bristol Zoo Gardens, University of Bristol, University of West of England, The Wildscreen Trust and WWF-UK.

Bristol Festival of Nature presents an impressive array of public events celebrating the wonder of our natural world, all taking place in and around Bristol between 9 - 31 October 2004.

'communicate: An International Conference on Conservation and Communication' will bring together institutions, organisations, individuals and businesses dedicated to communicating wildlife, environment and conservation issues to explore current challenges and identify future opportunities.

(7 - 9 October 2004)

For further details about both events visit www.festivalofnature.org

Information contained in this email is intended for the use of the addressee only, and is confidential. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without prior permission of the addressee is strictly prohibited. Please delete it from your system if you have received it by mistake.

The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software viruses which could damage your own computer system. While The Wildscreen Trust has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, it cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment.

1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

leave psci-com