I really appreciate, Michael's confluence of metaphors.

Upstream is where the salmon spawn, where you want to be when you're missing
your paddle, and where the waste is dumped.

Roger

> Your problem, Toby, is that you, like me, are far too far downstream, and in
> my case over the hill, to be in on street language.

> Michael Kenward            / Phone: +44 (0)1444 400568 Fax: 401064
>                         /
> Science Writer & Stuff   / Genetically modified words for sale

Roger S. Johnson, PhD
President
Newswise
www.newswise.com
434-296-9417
930 Turner Mtn. Rd.
Charlottesville, VA 22903

Newswise... journalists' comprehensive source for knowledge-based news.