Dear Scott,

Since many of us might be interested in conducting web-based surveys
ourselves, can you tell us how much OPM or similar organisations charge for
their services?  Do they give a concession for academic/scientific research
work?

Lesley

science"              <[log in to unmask]> =====
>Dear Jen (and others on the list for info)
>
>Thanks for completing the survey - we really appreciate your help.
>
>The Royal Society is managing the project, and we've commissioned OPM, the
Office for Public Management, to carry out some aspects of the study for us,
including the online survey.  (In the interests of full disclosure, we've also
commissioned the University of Warwick's Institute for Employment Res
>earch to provide benchmarking information about the level of participation of
different groups of people in SET.)

>The project is being supervised by a steering group chaired by Sir Magdi
Yacoub FRS, the distinguished heart surgeon based at the National Heart and
Lung Institute in Harefield, Middlesex.  One of the outputs from the project
is a guide to best practice in promoting role models, to be published in a
>utumn 2004.
>
>OPM are an independent, not-for-profit, public interest company, who are
collating and analysing the web survey data to help inform the project.  The
information you (and other psci-com readers) provide will remain confidential.
 You will only be contacted by us if you answered yes to either of the
>last two questions in the survey asking if you would like to be, and if you
then provided your contact details.

www.mailcontrol.com

>The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
subject to legal privilege.  It is intended only for the recipient(s) named
above.  If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy,
disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this e-mail

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

>5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and
science
>and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk

Lesley Newson
School of Psychology