Dear all,

Firstly apologies from cross-posting.

I am hoping that this question is not going to sound stupid, but here
goes....

Is there a format one should follow when writing shows, such as science
shows using science demos/explanations/audience participation. Using the
type of software for screen plays etc doesn't really seem to be the way to
go since there is only one real scene, the demo area, and one character, the
science magician, which leaves me with questions for how to write in the
audience participation part. The show that I have written and used as part
of my PhD project, evaluating such shows as a promotion tool in second level
schools, was written in 3 column format, column one for Magician activity,
column two for the audience activity and column three for links to the
appropriate parts of the Junior Certificate Science syllabus. Furthermore,
since it was a live show, improvisation from the audience's responses etc
was a large part of it.

Does anyone have some suggestions for me in the form of direction for
reading or where I might read some samples of such scripts?

Thanks,
Elaine

Elaine Regan
Department of Chemical and Environmental Science
University of Limerick
Ireland

send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

leave psci-com

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk