> On 10 Dec 2004, at 18:03, Botes, Stephan (PowerResearcher) wrote:
> Hey Mike:
> "I rarely see evidence that is convincing in the claim that plagiarism
> is increasing" but then "there probably is still an increase, just due
> to the differing backgrounds of an increasing student population"
>
> Which is it?

A good question. The distinction between the fact that there are more
students now, so possibly more cases - which does not mean that the
total percentage of students offending is increasing, and in fact could
just as easily be reducing - and the claim that plagiarism rates - i.e.
that the total percentage is rising - is pretty clear to me.

Which it is, is harder to determine...

Mike