Dear Daniela and Eduardo

The mis-takes we can achieve are, of course, more diverse than the TAKES.

It is not only the puzzle of describing the elephant from different persepectives it is also the re-ductive features of thinking/reflection.

While some designers talk about ab-duction as a way of accommodating the re-seeing aspects that go beyond iteration, built into ab-duction is the possibility of re-duction ad ab-surdum - which means, we can keep ducting (drawing) until the point where what we are drawing has lost its connection with what we are drawing from. (absurd = sounds wrong)

Getting students to see that they see needs to go further into the problem of "well, now that you can see, work out the end of that process".

all the best

keith russell

OZ Newcastle