Ken,
I believe you should be part of the discussion but I do understand the need for
reflection. Do not be too uncomfortable with the emotional content of this
topic, all of us except for Mr. Spock (Startrek) perhaps, can use emotions as
thinking tools as well as logic. Both cues to a deeper understanding.

The complexities of unwinding hundreds of years of gender thinking is not an
easy task, at then end perhaps we can all be more fully human.

You know my thoughts about off list emails, but you are right about some things
not being part of a list. It is I think ok to tell the list that one feels
assaulted, hurt, and whatever else might be present in feelings. This is a
statement only about how one feels not about the guilt or motivation of
another. It doesn't take a genius to understand the level of emotion present in
this topic for lots of list members. I think that how well we can acknowledge
the emotional content of our own functionality the better we will be able to
make choices which foster our own and others sustainability.

Gandhi said something to the effect that, Satayagraha (which I understand to be
the seeking of truth - the seeking not the finding as truth has many facets),
Satayagraha will mean that violence becomes impossible.

Regards
Jan

Jan Coker
C3-10 Underdale
University of South Australia
+61 8 8302 6919
fax +61 8 8302 6239
Relativity teaches us the connection between the different descriptions of one
and the same reality
Albert Einstein