on 22/3/04 5:32 pm, Visentin Lorenzo at [log in to unmask] wrote:

I've always understand that they are the only other health professional capable of issuing valid (for SSP etc...) sick notes. Don't know the source for this other than the usual OH urban myth directory!!

Lorenzo

Principal Occupational Health & Safety Officer

tel: 01922 652057

mobile: 07989 820984

The Lily Hall, Leicester St, WS1 1TW
-----Original Message-----
From: Kath Griffiths [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 22 March 2004 17:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: certificates from osteopaths

Does any one know the validity of sick certificates provided by osteopaths - are these generally accepted?

Kath Griffiths
Occupational Health Manager
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
65 Fleet Street
EC4Y 1HS
0207  716 4024
07966 961 821
This email and any attachments is strictly confidential. Accordingly this email and its attachments should not be forwarded, reproduced or made available to any third party under any circumstances without prior consent from Occupational Health .  If you are not the intended recipient  please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete the message and any attachments without reading, distributing or copying.

This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.  Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system.  Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person:  to do so could be a breach of confidence.  Thank you for your co-operation.  Please contact our IT Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 7936 4000 Ext.2000 or email [log in to unmask] if you need assistance.

This is an interesting. A number of years ago I went on a course at the then Industrial Society on rules of SSP. I seem to recall that there are a number of other people who's opinion's can be considered as valid, including other complimentary therapists. Perhaps the Dept of Works and Pensions may  be able to assist?