From: Greta Thornbory [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 22 March 2004 23:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Locum workers.

This is a personnel problem. It is only an occupational health problem if her sickness is caused by her work or her work is affecting her health. We can gently remind personnel of their duty under the working Time Regs, but it is really up to them. The lack of contract is a breach of employment legislation and again a personnel issue. I would suggest she sees her union rep - as you work for local government this is probably Unison. It appears that she is not expected to do all this work, but that she chooses to do it. She is an adult and responsible for her own actions.

Greta