Alan
    It would certainly appear that your figures are exceptionally high. I
have not myself any information on research based figures but our company
has very few DSE specific glasses users. I would have your opticians
testing methods independently assessed if there is no way of changing. As
pointed out in an earler reply you are only liable for the cost's of DSE
corrective spectacles. We have a contract with Vision Express that provide
such spectacles for £45. Therefore persons who need DSE (mid distance)
spectacles recieve this amount they can either have the Vision Express
specs or put that money towards a more expensive prescription ie vari-
focals.