Hi all,

Had a conversation recently with my colleagues regarding follow up of source patients in the event of sharps/contamination incidents. It would seem that some OH staff actually follow up the sources themselves i.e. they visit them (in hospital settings, on the ward) to discuss testing and the implications and then actually instigate this. In my department we do this for the recipient but request that the source's doctor does this, being that we are not 'looking after' them. We had an interesting debate on it as you may imagine! What do you folks do, particularly those in NHS settings? Would be helpful to know as we will be reviewing our own process shortly.
Thanks
Naz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remove this footer before replying. Visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html for list archives