We go by OHA to everyone else but our internal policies call us OHNA’s – we decided to remove the “nurse” word to avoid the “nurse” image being inspired as we try to move to a more pro-active service. I have worked where I was known as the OHN and must admit we got more walk-ins looking for treatment despite the lonstanding no treatment policy – many people said that they saw the word nurse and just presumed despite maybe having been informed of our role earlier on that week in induction training!

-----Original Message-----
From: naz bury [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 February 2004 16:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: re titles of oh staff

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any guidelines anywhere that give suggestions for what titles to address staff working in OH? (No rude answers now!!) What do qualified ohn's generally get called in your places - ohns or ohn advisers? I know some are called advisers, but I presumed that this related to those with an oh qualification, and that others were called ohns, but we had some debate about this in Uni once and different organisations seem to do things differently.

Thanks in advance for your help

Naz