Dear All

I am currently updating our policy on hep B vaccine non-responders.  Nightmare!!

My problem is those staff NOT doing exposure prone procedures.  Most guidelines say staff require regular checks, but decline to define how frequent regular is.

Our Cons Microbiologist suggested 3 or up to 5 yearly blood tests to check for surface antigens and core antibody, reviewable depending on if they change job/speciality.

Can anyone point me in the direction of official writings on the subject and it would be interesting to know what those of you who work in other NHS Trusts do.

Thanks in advance

Lindy