Dear all,

Can anyone point me towards some evidenced-based work on the need for DSE glasses. I want to discuss the issue with one of the opticians who carry out eye testing of staff who qualify for such under the DSE Regs. His prescribing rate is very high: around 50% . Much higher than our other opticians & higher than expectations.

When the Regs 1st came out, I was advised that we could expect about 5% of persons of working age might need an glasses exclusively for DSE work i.e. a correction that wouldn’t be met by glasses necessary for near or distance vision.

But that was hearday. Is there anything in writing.

Thanks

Dr. Alan Swann, BM, AFOM

Director of Occupational Health

Occupational Health Service